Bob is the leader of the Damned.
Prior to the events of Tomb Raider III, Bob came to London looking for employment and discovered that Sophia Leigh's cosmetics company had job vacancies for lab assistants. The job wasn't the kind of lab assistant Bob had been expecting.
During his 'employment', Bob and many others were used as guinnea pigs for Sophia's experiments. They were locked in floatation tanks for days until they were released, their faces ruined and skin discoloured. Considered failures, they were dumped into the waste disposal chute.
Distressed by his own appearance, Bob tried to commit suicide but no amount of damage inflicted had any effect on him. Unintentionally, Sophia had given Bob and the others the power of immortality.
Bob and the other experiments formed a gang which they named the Damned. Bob became the leader and they all dwelled near the abandoned Aldwych tube station.
During her hunt for the artefact which Sophia had used on her experiments, archaeologist-adventurer Lara Croft stumbled upon the Damned's hideout. Bob told her of his story and offers to help Lara if she could collect a bottle of embalming fluid from the Natural History Museum. Lara accepted and Bob allowed her to go on her way.
Tomb Raider III Adventures of Lara CroftEdit
- Lud's Gate (cutscene)
Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Lara Croft Edit
- So, you must be after Miss Leigh then?
- Though obviously not for revenge, mon. You hardly got the face for that.
- Hrumf! How moronic a question is that, eh? I don't even have a face, mon!
- Came down here looking for work, and what do I get, eh? Miss Leigh's cosmetic company and her lab assistant job. No experience necessary. Good wage. Accomodation with it. Aye, locked in a floatation tank for days on end in some fetted syrup. And when we come out - cos lots of it was applied, like - no face, no flesh, mon! And a bootin' down the waste disposal chute heah. Presumed dead!
- Oh, tah! Very much! But, aye, and for added insult, when I tried to take me own life. Ah found dat it jus didn't work.
- Oy aye, mon! Everlasting beauty. She's obviously not fully worked it out yet, but she takes the best results for herself. See, I don care what your business wit her is. You can't be anymore shiftless than she is. So I'm goin to go out o' me way to help you. That is, after you done somethin' for us here like.
- A bottle of that mummy preservation stuff. From the Natural history Museum.
- Aye. For rottin' flesh, you canna whack it, mon. The museum's pretty interesting, I'm told. You'll like it.
- One of them Egyptian lassies there is a bit p****d off like that she didn't get immortality the way she wanted it. And seein' as we'd done better than her in that department, I didn't care to imagine what curse we could get given any worse than we got already like. You'll be fine though, pet. You die easy.
- An issue of Editions Atlas' official fact files established Bob's full name, height and birth date.