Excalibur is an artifact in in Tomb Raider: Legend. It is also the strongest weapon in the game, killing enemies with one hit. The sword has an unlimited range and fires pulses of green energy
Excalibur is the sword which once belonged to the previously mythical King Arthur.
While trying to find out what really happened to her mother, Lara Croft finds out that the events are linked to the Arthurian monomyth. She sets out to find King Arthur's mythical sword. The sword has been split into five pieces which were scattered across the world:
- 1st Piece - Tiwanaku, Bolivia (brought to Ghana by James Rutland)
- In the level Bolivia - Tiwanaku Lara sees James Rutland escaping with one piece of the mythical sword. She later follows him to Amahlin, Ghana, where the Ghalali Key was supposed to be, and takes it from him.
- 2nd Piece - Tokyo, Japan (in the possession of Takamoto)
- The second piece was previously on display in Waseda University, a private university in Tokyo, Japan but was stolen by the Yakuza Clan Boss, Shogo Takamoto.
- 3rd Piece - Kazakhstan
- The third piece is found in a secret laboratory in Kazakhstan.
- 4th Piece - Cornwall, England
- The fourth piece lies with King Arthur in his tomb in Cornwall.
- Ghalali Key - Nepal (brought there by her mother, originally located in Ghana)
- The Ghalali Key was originally hidden in Ghana, but Lara's father found it, and gave it to his wife as a present. Amelia Croft wore it the day the plane crashed in the Himalayas, and lost it inside, where Lara eventually retrieves it from.