Gear is a feature in the Tomb Raider series. Comprised mostly of Non Weapon equipment.
Original Timeline Edit
Tomb Raider (1996) Edit
Lara can collect First-Aid Kits items to restore health. They come in two sizes, Large and Small.
A compass can also be used, it will point in the general direction of Objectives.
Tomb Raider II Edit
First-aid kits return, again in two sizes.
Flares can be used to light darkened areas.
Tomb Raider III Edit
First-Aid Kits and Flares return, as well as a new Crowbar which can be used to pry open doors.
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation Edit
First-aid kits, Flares, the Compass and the Crowbar return. Binoculars, can be used to scout long distances. Or use a torch to light areas, when flares are scarce.
Tomb Raider: Chronicles Edit
First-Aid kits, Flares, The Crowbar and Binoculars can be used. As well as a new Grappling Gun, which can shoot ropes onto ceiling grates.
Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness Edit
First-Aid Kits, the Torch and the Crowbar Return, as well as new first aid items, Health Pills and Chocolate Bar.
Legend Timeline Edit
Tomb Raider: Legend Edit
Lara has access to a flashlight, a PDA which can provide information of missions, and equipment, New binoculars, with the added function of highlighting certain objects in the area, a headset, with a built in radio and camera, for relaying information to her support team, and a magnetic grapple, unlike the original, it can simply be used to swing, or pull objects down. Flares can be used during the latter section of the Peru level.
First aid kits return, but are only available in one size.
Tomb Raider: Anniversary Edit
First-Aid Kits, return once again available in different sizes. The Magnetic Grapple is replaced by a traditional grappling hook.
Tomb Raider: Underworld Edit
First-Aid Kits, once again only in one size, The PDA (with new features such as a sonar map), and Flashlight, and a new field camera, which replaces her binoculars. A new grapple is used, featuring a gun design.
Survivor Timeline Edit
Tomb Raider (2013) Edit
A torch is found, replacing the flares and flashlights from earlier games. At first it is bound to being lit by existing fire, but will be upgraded with a pieced of flint, allowing it to be lit at will.
A two way radio is used for communicating, with other survivors. A pry axe, which takes the function of crowbars, from earlier games, being able to pry open doors, and be used as a make shift handle for mechanisms, when it is upgraded further, it is later replaced by a climbing axe, which as the name suggests, can be used to climb rock surfaces, and double as a melee weapon.
Several pieces of gear are used in conjunction with Lara's bow, such as the lighter, and rope, which can be used, to light cloth on fire, or in the case of rope Arrows create ziplines, or pull down obstacles. Both also have uses in combat, such as lighting enemies, or flammable liquid on fire, or pulling enemies from ledges, respectively.
Lara also finds a rope ascender, which allows for faster travel when going up ziplines, or for pulling down heavier objects.
Rise of the Tomb Raider Edit
Lara gains some new gear in addition to the gear she has in the previous game including:
- Glowsticks - Default equipment. Disposable light source.
- Wire Spool - Obtained in The Acropolis. Used in conjunction with axe as a grapple.
- Silent Arrows - Crafted with 1 (?) feathers, 2 (?) hardwood
- Poison Arrows - Crafted with 2 (?) arrows, 1 (?) cloth, 3 (?) mushrooms
- Fire Arrows - Crafted with 2 (?) arrows, 1 (?) cloth, 1 (?) oil
- Grenade Arrows - Obtained in The Acropolis, Crafted with 2 (?) arrows, 1 (?) cloth, 4 (?) Magnesite Ore
- Armor Piercing Arrows - Obtained in The Lost City (replaces silent arrows)
- Grenades - Unlocked after obtaining Grenade Launcher from Shack, Crafted with 1 (?) Oil, 4 (?) Magnesite Ore
- Hollow-Point Rounds - Crafted with 5 (?) Bullets, 3 (?) Magnesite Ore
- Dragonfire Shells - Crafted with 5 (?) Shells, 2 (?) Magnesite Ore, 1 (?) Oil
- Crafting Tool - Sold in Shack for 175 Byzantine Coins, or found in Lockbox
- Enhancement Tool - Sold in Shack for 175 Byzantine Coins, or found in Lockbox
- Refinement Tool - Sold in Shack for 175 Byzantine Coins, or found in Lockbox
- Rope - Obtained in Soviet Installation
- Combat Knife - Found in Abandoned Mines
- Piercing Truth - Obtained with "Prophet's Legacy" DLC
- Rebreather - Obtained in Flooded Archives Cutscene.
- Broadhead Arrowheads - Obtained in a Story Lockbox in Soviet Installation
- Ascender - Sold in Shack for 30 Byzantine Coins
- Lockpick - Obtained after completing "Communications Breakdown" mission.
- (x) = Survivor Cost