Lara Croft is the titular character of the Tomb Raider franchise. Through out the years, Lara has existed in multiple universes ever since her debut in 1996.
Though each incarnation of Lara is similar, each one does have unique attributes to their origin story. Some of these differences are very obvious, others are very subtle.
Lara Croft may refer to:
- Lara Croft (Original Timeline) - Lara Croft from Core Design's first timeline of games, and novels. Starting with Tomb Raider.
- Lara Croft (Legend Timeline) - Lara Croft from Crystal Dynamics' first reboot starting in Tomb Raider: Legend. Also features in the Spin-off series.
- Lara Croft (Survivor Timeline) - Lara Croft from Crystal Dynamics' second reboot of games, starting with Tomb Raider, also features in the Dark Horse Comics.
- Lara Croft (Comic Timeline) - Lara Croft from The comics, Tomb Raider: The Series by Top Cow.
- Lara Croft (Journeys Timeline) - Lara Croft from Top Cow's alternate comic timeline, Tomb Raider: Journeys.
- Lara Croft (Animated Timeline) - Lara Croft From RE\Visioned: Tomb Raider Animated Series
- Lara Croft (Movie Timeline) - Lara Croft from Movies.
Though all the continuities are different, there are several recurring features and themes.
- Lara survived a plane crash. All timelines except movie.
- Lara is stranded and must survive in the wilderness. All Timelines except movie.
- Lara's Parents are deceased. All timelines, except original.
- Lara works to support her expeditions. Original timeline and Survivor Timeline (Temporary)
- Lara is betrayed by a friend/colleague. All timelines except Journeys.
- Lara becomes an archaeologist because of her father. Legend, Survivor, Animated and Movie Timelines.
- Lara's Mentor dies. All timelines except movie.
- Lara believes someone close to her dies, but they actually survive. All timelines except Movie and Animated.
- Lara's default attire usually consists of a tank top, shorts, combat boots and a backpack. Usually with a blue and brown colour scheme.
- Lara almost always wears her hair in a ponytail or braid. Though she always styles the front differently.
- Lara's main choice of weaponry has usually been two pistols and a shotgun.
- Lara Croft at Wikipedia